||Polymeric Biguanide in an Amphoteric Surfactant base
||Polymeric Biguanide Hydrochloride
||Amphoteric Surfactant Base
Physical and Chemical Properties:
- Physical State: Viscous liquid
- Appearance and Odour: Light pink translucent solution. Very mild fragrance.
- Evaporation Rate: As water
- Boiling Point: 110°C
- Freezing Point: -20°C (at low temperature the solution may appear cloudy)
- % Volatile (by weight): >95%
- Solubility in Water (20°C): Soluble
- pH: 7.0 approximately
- Specific Gravity: 1.02 @ 20°C
MediScrub is a skin pH (7.0) Soap Scrub Solution with anionic and amphoteric surfactants, a powerful and effective disinfectant alternative to PVP Iodine or chlorhexidine.
- Available in 5ltr and 500ml bottles.
- Counters the problems of skin drying from conventional surgical scrub by the inclusion of skin emollients.
- Proven effective against a wide variety of bacteria, fungi and viruses, including MRSA and Clostridium Diffisile.
- Wet hands thoroughly with water.Take one measure of MediScrub.
- Rub hands palm to palm.
- Right hand over back of left. Change and repeat.
- Fingers linked in palms.
- Rotate right hand around left thumb, change hands and repeat.
- Rotate right hand around left wrist, change hands and repeat.
Handling and Storage:
- Handling guidelines: Safe handling by trained professional staff in accordance with label instructions only. Not to be mixed with other chemicals. Keep from children.
- Storage guidelines: Store in dry place not below 0°C or above 30°C and out of direct sunlight. Keep lidded. Keep from foodstuffs and drinks.
Stability and Reactivity:
No decomposition if stored and used as directed.
Hazardous decomposition products: If burnt, may produce irritating fumes.
If missed with strong alkalis, may neutralize or reduce disinfectant qualities.
Exposure controls/personal protection:
- Personal protection: Use with care, avoid eye contact and prolonged skin contact. External use only. Not for ingestion.
- Skin contact: No significant hazard.
- Eye contact: Low risk: may cause mild irritation but no serious damage.
- Inhalation: No significant hazard.
- Inhalation (long term): No significant hazard.
- Ingestion: Low risk: substantial ingestion will cause discomfort to mouth, throat and digestive tissues.
No special conditions apply. Not dangerous.
Keep out of reach of children.
Do not mix with other chemicals.